How Long Does Skydiving Last?
Your skydiving descent is likely to be over in less than ten minutes—but it only takes a moment to create memories that will last a lifetime! Although precise times may vary from place to place, skydiving experiences with DZONE® include 30 to 60 seconds of freefall time and roughly five to nine minutes of canopy (parachute) time. This is true whether you’re flying solo, tandem jumping with a friend or partner, or “fun jumping” with a full group of four!
Planning for the Big Day: How Long Does it Take to Skydive?
You’ve got the basics, but how long does it take to skydive if you consider the experience as a whole? How much time should you budget for skydiving if you’re planning a trip or working an unforgettable drop into your busy schedule?
Your skydiving adventure can take anywhere from 90 minutes to six hours, depending primarily on the size of your group, the weather conditions, and unforeseen circumstances that arise while things are getting ready to go.
Larger groups take longer because our Super Cessna 182’s can only carry four jumpers at the same time. Assuming that you have four or fewer people who are ready to make the jump, here’s how the experience will break down minute by minute:
- When you arrive at your preferred skydiving location, you’ll fill out a waiver and sign into the manifest. Soon, an instructor will call your name to get you into the harness and prepare you for the ascent. The length of this process can vary.
- The plane ride up to your jumping altitude will take 17 to 23 minutes. From there, you’ll just need to make your way down to earth!
- How long does skydiving last once you jump? As discussed above, your descent includes roughly 30 to 60 seconds of freefall and roughly five to nine minutes of canopy time.
- All of these times are partially dependent on the height that you jump from, so it’s worth noting that our jumps take place at a range from 12,500 to 14,000 feet above ground, depending on whether you go to Coeur D’Alene, Boise, or Bozeman.
From the moment the skydiving plane lifts off, you can expect to be back on solid ground in roughly 30 to 45 minutes.
What Does Skydiving Feel Like?
Reading about jump times and itineraries can only tell you so much what it’s actually like to jump out of a moving plane, so what does skydiving feel like in reality?
- Skydiving feels more like flying than falling since you have plenty of time to orient yourself in the air.
- Your adrenaline will start racing, you’ll feel more focused and alert, and you’ll get a completely unique rush.
- The sensations that reach your body can be extremely intense. Skydiving is windy and loud, and you’ll be glad that you’re wearing a helmet!
Plan Your Skydiving Adventure with DZONE!
Check out our skydiving videos or contact us today to get a better sense of what it’s actually like to skydive! There’s nothing in the world that can compare to the experience, and we’d love to help you learn more today.
Ready to Feel The Freedom™?